Skip to main content

Help The Invisible Children.

Help The Invisible Children.
Donate to the fundraiser. Click above

The Magical Air That You Breathe

If someone questions the fairness of life, there is one thing, always one thing to drive home the point that "Life is the epitome of fairness" . As long as we are well enough to ask that question and move on into the next moment , we can be assured that Life is on our side. And that thing is : Air. Oxygen. Life.

It shows us the perfection at work. You need oxygen to live and nearly 21% of the atmosphere is oxygen! And the best part? It feels so so good to inhale fresh air!

Which is what convinces me that all of this ( life , us and the Universe's existence) is not merely chance at play. It is an extraordinary design, with not a single detail left out.

What we require to embark on this grand adventure makes us feel good. It also happens to be something we are blessed with , in sheer abundance. Each swoop of air that goes into our lungs is pure magic for it powers us and we, can move mountains, fly to new heights and make history!

Does it not make complete sense that this piece of extraordinariness in our life requires our heartfelt gratitude, atleast once a day?

Totally! This is where today's practice comes in and it does something superb: It makes this habit of ours , so essential for our survival, spectacular!

All it requires of me is breathing in normally or deeply and slowly, whichever I prefer.

But I take atleast five breaths with awareness; by being aware of the swoop of air through my nostrils and into my lungs and through my body. Then I say

" Thank You for the Magical Air that I Breathe".

That is all. Do that five different times in the day, ( that is five breaths equals one set and doing five sets a day) and the practice is over!

This feels all the more perfect when done outdoors, what with all the nature and breezes and stuff but it is perfectly alright to do it indoors too!

It is quite fun, actually and brings crystal clear clarity in an instant. I lovvvve to start off my day with this practice, just as I open my windows in the morning.

And at night, before I close my windows. And during lectures and morning walks and ..... Basically put, it is my favorite practice because , as Rhonda puts it, "When you stop sweating out your small day to day stuff and opening your eyes to the bigger picture and magic of the Universe", life begins to unravel its mysteries to you.

Day 23:

I am grateful for getting to learn from the most fabulous teacher of all times because I now finally understand what lessons are all about!

I am grateful for so many friends and members of my family ready to get onboard every single time I come up with my crazy plans because their support warms my heart!

I am grateful for farts because they feel better out , than when they are pushing for space within my personal space!

 

 

I am grateful for my clothes having so many openings to let air in because the coolness it provides is pure bliss!

I am grateful for the surprise birthday bash that I and my friends threw for our friend because the preparations and the days leading up to the big day were full of excitement , laughter and happiness!

I am grateful for being able to love myself to bits because it is an amazing relationship to be in!

I am grateful for golden retrievers because the thought of having one for a pet fills me with deep pleasure!

I am grateful for the veil between the physical and the mental (my eyes!) because closing my eyes gives me peace and opening them floods me with wonder!

I am grateful for my morning and evening routines because they are both so perfect for me, filled with all the things I love to do!

I am grateful for the 'DIY crafts for room decor' ideas that are availablehv online because they are fabulous and so cute looking and I cannot wait to try them all for my room!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Gratitude List

Gratitude is a beautiful thing for those who really practice it; it has the power to change any situation, whether in the past, the present or the future, bringing new perspectives , creating new paths for one to take and opening one's eyes to the magic of life.  Rhonda Byrne's book 'The Magic' truly changed me in ways that I can hardly comprehend. And when I changed, the things around me changed too. All of a sudden dreams were coming true and joy was all there was.    It's been a while now and I was thinking about blogging about its sheer awesomeness and stuff. But then I was like, ' Why not blog my daily morning gratitude list itself?'  My reasons are these: Firstly , if I am going to post my thank yous , I will be putting a lot of thought into it, so much more than if it were just a daily routine, like brushing. Secondly, when I was first starting out with the law of attraction wave and living my dreams and all these new age-y things, I was alw

Magical Relationships

Day 3!!! Woahhh.....Vanmathi is feeling buoyant today! I guess its the magic keeping me in high spirits. And I haven't even got to today's practices yet! Here we go... Day 3: Gratitude List: 1.I am grateful for the complete lack of mirrors in this house because I can pretend that I look like Gigi Hadid one day and Deepika Padukone, the next day and there is absolutely nothing present to contradict me! 2.I am so so grateful that I have to live in a hostel because it is a party, every time I come home and my sis treats me like a person rather than a fluffy cushion she can sit on. 3.Thank you so much, dear people who travel and take pictures of food ,culture and art and print it in magazines because it is a real treat to eyes like mine that only got to see cadavers in various states of damage. 4.I am grateful for the new pen stand idea that saves me space and also looks quite cool. 5.I am grateful for the clock that is not working because it means I have all t

Born to Fly...

Once, there was a girl. She wanted to fly. Really bad. She looked out of the window everyday, hoping for a miracle. She imagined the air in her face and the wind beneath her feet. She tasted the freedom in the wind and laughed in anticipation. She waited and wished and hoped, for she believed, deep in her heart, that the impossible was just something that hadn’t yet manifested. Which didn’t mean that it wouldn’t. So she stood on top of hills and tall buildings, assessing heights and measuring winds. She talked about her dream to everyone who would listen for it never ceased to amaze her, how wonderful a dream she had. She leapt and twirled and jumped as high as she could, before gravity pulled her down. But she never stopped believing. Both words of scorn and wisdom, failed to faze her. She dreamed, undaunted. Until, one day, she got sick of waiting. She hadn’t sprouted wings nor did she feel suddenly weightless. She didn’t spontaneously rise into the air as she hoped she woul