Skip to main content

Help The Invisible Children.

Help The Invisible Children.
Donate to the fundraiser. Click above

🌞Magic and Miracles in Health🌞

If there is one thing in life , more important than anything, it is HEALTH. Literally.
 Take health out of the equation and we are nothing. The blocks will fall over because the base said ' Goodbye!', upped and left.

Sure, a heart break is bad. But we come back. We survive. Money gone? If the condition continues, maybe we might starve and die. But otherwise, the condition itself is not fatal. Health , however is nothing like anything else. Stop the flow of health into your body, BOOM ! You dead.


I don't mean to sound pessimistic , but health IS that important. And when I saw that gratitude can bring back health in all its burning glory, I was jumping out of my seat, exclaiming, " I LOVE LIFE!!!"

 I've had my share of sick days, ( more than my share even) and this practice, glorious as it is,  has blown me into this paradise of health!
I know what your'e thinking; SHUT UP GAL, and tell what the practice is already!



Well,     TA DA!

To change that aspect of health which you feel is less than perfect, you first go into your past:

You think through your childhood and all those moments when you felt like you were so full of health, you'd almost burst! ( Messy metaphor but a good one in my opinion)

Select three moments , the best ones and give thanks to each one of them with all your heart. Personally, I love this part of the practice. Each time , I end up choosing this one memory , back when I was in the 7th grade and I used to go to tennis classes in the summer.
The fresh smell of the early morning air, the dew and the misty mornings, running around the grounds feeling my body sing with power and getting high on the rush!


If that wasn't the best health I'd ever had, then I'd stick my ass in an oven.
Okaaay, don't know what my ass has to do with this, but it WAS an amazing exquisite feeling that came with those days.
Another memory I end up choosing is when I used to train for track and field events in tenth grade.


It usually started early in the mornings and I used to wake up excited for the new day and grateful that I was alive! This was before I knew how awesome gratitude was ; so, the fact that I was feeling so happy at random is a miracle to me.


Hmmm... All my "PERFECT HEALTH" moments seem to be morning stuff, don't they? No worries; the last one is a recent memory ;
I've recently taken to dancing as my only form of exercise and I really love it! Especially because, I go all out as there is no one but me in the room. I flick the lights off every evening and go crazy in the dark!

Let me tell you something... out of all those hours of speculations about life and what it meant and those motivational and spiritual books, I felt like I really got what life is really about in those moments of zero words and thoughts, a wildly beating heart and a truckload of passion.



Second part of the practice has you caving in on the present and thanking five parts of your body which you feel is doing a darn great job at what it is supposed to be doing. You can thank your heart, your liver( your powerhouse!) ,
your small intestine( awesome energy extractor!) ,
your brain( your personal , state of the art , in- body computer! )
                                                                                  or your limbs;


your spleen, your ribs, your lungs, your tongue( food is LIFE!) ,


your nose( Ah.. the smell of baking....mmmm),


                                                                           your ears( music baby!).....


Third part is the one in which we get to perform magic!


We choose that aspect of health we want to change or get more of. We visualize actually having received it and we feel overwhelmingly grateful. That's it! This practice has left me awestruck in many instances; One time was when I wanted a flexible and agile body. I am not bad at bending and twisting at stuff, but some things like touching my toes with my fingers was hard.


I used to blame it on my longer than average legs but it sounded fake to my own ears. After this practice , a bit of time passed during which I promptly forgot about the whole thing. One day, my mom was doing yoga and I joined in too.
I bent down to touch my toes during a surya namaskar and I very calmly folded my body until my head was touching my knees.


I progressed to finish the practice. And then, I realized what I'd done! EEEEEEEE!!!!

I was shocked! Ecstatic! Shocked again.... and so it went for a a few weeks. This practice works. Totally. If you want to help yourself heal in some way, I'd say, go for it!

Day 16:
I am grateful for the  blood that flows through my body , every drop of it full of so much health, power, energy and life!


I am grateful for that time when my mom got herself an ice cream flavour she did not like because I got to enjoy two ice creams at the same time and what a surprise it was too!



I am grateful for coconut oil because I can use it to bake and cook when there’s no butter!

I am grateful for those long car rides down lonely roads with lush trees on either side and the wind in my face that makes me wonder if this is what the heights of perfection feels like.

I am grateful for towels because they rub me dry after a bath, wipe my sweat after dancing and make me feel so good, wrapping around me with warmth!



I am grateful to Taylor Swift for her upcoming album release because I love her songs which is full of her craziness which in turn, is perfect for unwinding!

I am grateful to my heart because it has beat relentlessly all these years and continues to beat, each beat more potent than the last as if to encompass every moment that adds to me.

I am grateful for amazing cousins who make my summers and all those holidays we get together so full of joy , laughter and fun!



I am grateful for dust pans because they make cleaning so easy, they collect all the dirt so efficiently and are amazingly compliant company on cleaning days!

I am grateful for light bulbs because they light up my world!`



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Gratitude List

Gratitude is a beautiful thing for those who really practice it; it has the power to change any situation, whether in the past, the present or the future, bringing new perspectives , creating new paths for one to take and opening one's eyes to the magic of life.  Rhonda Byrne's book 'The Magic' truly changed me in ways that I can hardly comprehend. And when I changed, the things around me changed too. All of a sudden dreams were coming true and joy was all there was.    It's been a while now and I was thinking about blogging about its sheer awesomeness and stuff. But then I was like, ' Why not blog my daily morning gratitude list itself?'  My reasons are these: Firstly , if I am going to post my thank yous , I will be putting a lot of thought into it, so much more than if it were just a daily routine, like brushing. Secondly, when I was first starting out with the law of attraction wave and living my dreams and all these new age-y things, I was alw

Magical Relationships

Day 3!!! Woahhh.....Vanmathi is feeling buoyant today! I guess its the magic keeping me in high spirits. And I haven't even got to today's practices yet! Here we go... Day 3: Gratitude List: 1.I am grateful for the complete lack of mirrors in this house because I can pretend that I look like Gigi Hadid one day and Deepika Padukone, the next day and there is absolutely nothing present to contradict me! 2.I am so so grateful that I have to live in a hostel because it is a party, every time I come home and my sis treats me like a person rather than a fluffy cushion she can sit on. 3.Thank you so much, dear people who travel and take pictures of food ,culture and art and print it in magazines because it is a real treat to eyes like mine that only got to see cadavers in various states of damage. 4.I am grateful for the new pen stand idea that saves me space and also looks quite cool. 5.I am grateful for the clock that is not working because it means I have all t

Heart Magic💖💓

The heart is truly awe-inspiring , is it not? It LUBS and DUBS without taking a breather and even gives more of itself when pushed past its comfort zones. ( Hello exercise!)    It sends life pulsing through every cell and fibre of our bodies and it does this with no conscious requests from us! And even though science has it proven that thoughts and emotions are the product of the humbly present goop within our heads, I FEEL stuff in my heart. I think it is safe to assume that we all do.  Liberation and freedom feels like an explosion of fresh air within my heart. Peace feels ....ummm....peaceful IN MY HEART.   Every emotion feels as if it comes from my heart. I sure as heck don't know the reason for that, but the role of my heart in the way I perceive life and live is undeniable. Even in the absence of thoughts and words, I still feel and I even understand. Sometimes better so than when there are words clouding my mind. I guess "heart magic"