Skip to main content

Help The Invisible Children.

Help The Invisible Children.
Donate to the fundraiser. Click above

Magic Dust!

Magic Dust goes poof!







                                                Poof! Poof!


Hee hee. That was fun!
Its Magic Dust Day!!! Which means exactly what I did above, minus the sneezing part - Sprinkling magic dust on people who help us!

Sprinkling magic dust over new beginnings! Sprinkling magic dust over yourself to make yourself feel special! Anything and everything that you can imagine!
And its so easy. All you have to do is be grateful, say 'thank you' and Whooosh!
Imagine that feeling of gratitude taking the form of magical golden sparkly dust and imagine it flowing to whoever or whatever you are directing your gratitude to. So much better that all this is in the invisible because nobody gonna be sneezing! Win-Win all the way!
Today's actual practice is not completely about magic dust. It is actually about thanking people who we encounter everyday and who serve us in some way or the other.
And even though most of us are really nice and say 'thank you' when we receive gifts, we fail to see all that we are gifted in our day to day lives ,by people we briefly make contact with. People help us reach places we need to go to when we ride on subways, buses, trains, taxis. People gift us the power of communication by taking care of the maintenance of cables and towers and satellites. People give us the gift of a  beautiful meal of our choosing when we eat out at restaurants. The gifts we receive are numerous yet we don't recognize them to be gifts and so ,we are not grateful for them. Is it because we never idealized them?( the so-called gifts,I mean?)
"Don't Idealize things if you want a peaceful life" is something I read recently. Idealizing things lead to discontent in all the situations that are not the ideal, they say.
But I feel that all our idealized scenarios bring so much excitement to our lives even if they are not our reality. So, why not idealize everything about life? The pain and the joy, the fear and freedom..anything and everything we can perceive.
That brings so much more to be thankful for! More magic dust!!!
If I were spending the day outside, I would say 'thank you ' to ten people who perform ten different services for me. As I am joyfully trapped inside my house( totally by choice of course) I get to remember and thank ten people who helped me live an easy and comfortable life!

1. Thank you ,all you water people who laid pipes and dug trenches, built dams and provided all channels and connections required to pour fresh water down my throat whenever I am thirst and water down my back whenever I feel sweaty. Water is beautiful and ummm...'flow'y and thank you for bringing it to me!


2. Thank you customer care people from Amazon because you are the kindest most understanding group of people there ever was! You replace anything, refund without question and are the epitomes of patience! Thank you for all the times you've assisted me!Thank you for the free muesli too!( long story)

3. Thank you people who built the houses I've live in because you've put a roof above my head and helped me enjoy warm meals in the coziness of my home!
4. Thank you chefs and cooks who cook food! You cook food and you cook food awesomely and so ......you are awesome! I love you all! Thank you! Keep cooking!!!!

5. Thank you mommy for living as if the sun rises and sets upon me! Your love is inspiring and beautiful! Thank you!
6. Thank you Authors! Thank you for creating unimaginably cool worlds that introduce us to characters we get attached to for life!

7. Thank you people who clean public toilets because we get to finish nature's call in comfort and ease!You give us an amazing gift unimaginably special each time we step into a clean toilet.Thank you so much!





8. Thank you musicians and singers for following your heart's joy and producing enthralling music because they act as poles of strength for me during tough times and a place of comfort!

9. Thank you dear teachers for putting up with me for so long and for putting into my brain , tons of useful stuff that are very useful!
10. Thank you patient people in clothes shops because you kindly hold the clothes I choose, you let me try out an insane amount of dresses and you don't yell at me when I reject 99% of them! Thank you dear angels!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Gratitude List

Gratitude is a beautiful thing for those who really practice it; it has the power to change any situation, whether in the past, the present or the future, bringing new perspectives , creating new paths for one to take and opening one's eyes to the magic of life.  Rhonda Byrne's book 'The Magic' truly changed me in ways that I can hardly comprehend. And when I changed, the things around me changed too. All of a sudden dreams were coming true and joy was all there was.    It's been a while now and I was thinking about blogging about its sheer awesomeness and stuff. But then I was like, ' Why not blog my daily morning gratitude list itself?'  My reasons are these: Firstly , if I am going to post my thank yous , I will be putting a lot of thought into it, so much more than if it were just a daily routine, like brushing. Secondly, when I was first starting out with the law of attraction wave and living my dreams and all these new age-y things, I was alw

Magical Relationships

Day 3!!! Woahhh.....Vanmathi is feeling buoyant today! I guess its the magic keeping me in high spirits. And I haven't even got to today's practices yet! Here we go... Day 3: Gratitude List: 1.I am grateful for the complete lack of mirrors in this house because I can pretend that I look like Gigi Hadid one day and Deepika Padukone, the next day and there is absolutely nothing present to contradict me! 2.I am so so grateful that I have to live in a hostel because it is a party, every time I come home and my sis treats me like a person rather than a fluffy cushion she can sit on. 3.Thank you so much, dear people who travel and take pictures of food ,culture and art and print it in magazines because it is a real treat to eyes like mine that only got to see cadavers in various states of damage. 4.I am grateful for the new pen stand idea that saves me space and also looks quite cool. 5.I am grateful for the clock that is not working because it means I have all t

Heart Magic💖💓

The heart is truly awe-inspiring , is it not? It LUBS and DUBS without taking a breather and even gives more of itself when pushed past its comfort zones. ( Hello exercise!)    It sends life pulsing through every cell and fibre of our bodies and it does this with no conscious requests from us! And even though science has it proven that thoughts and emotions are the product of the humbly present goop within our heads, I FEEL stuff in my heart. I think it is safe to assume that we all do.  Liberation and freedom feels like an explosion of fresh air within my heart. Peace feels ....ummm....peaceful IN MY HEART.   Every emotion feels as if it comes from my heart. I sure as heck don't know the reason for that, but the role of my heart in the way I perceive life and live is undeniable. Even in the absence of thoughts and words, I still feel and I even understand. Sometimes better so than when there are words clouding my mind. I guess "heart magic"