Skip to main content

Help The Invisible Children.

Help The Invisible Children.
Donate to the fundraiser. Click above

Ventures into Love: Day 4

Today is special, because those thoughts of yours, get to become reality, at least in part, and you get to experience that magnificence.
This might sound like a bit of an exaggeration when I tell you that today's activity is actually 'Showcase Your Inspiration'.
But this is genuinely how I felt – as if my mind was popping from the sheer awesomeness of it all – once I finished my handiwork and stepped back.


What am I talking about?
Well, since today’s activity called for setting up reminders around your home, workplace or wherever you spend most of your time in, I made a vision board and put it up on my wall!
The activity does not specify a vision board exactly; you get to choose among a myriad of imaginative options, all of which have one aim only: to spark thoughts and inspire action, in the general direction of our dreams. This is perfectly intuitive, as Mike Dooley pointed out, because our thoughts become the things in our lives.
And by setting up physical reminders to ourselves, we start thinking and believing and acting in alignment with those pictures.
There were numerous suggestions to carry on this activity: putting up our list of priorities from day 1, hanging up a quote or two, setting our phone's wallpaper to something inspiring and several more.
The vision board, however, holds significance to me because of my past experiences with it. I first tried one out, when I was 16. I was in my post- 'The Secret’ phase and I was kind of desperately acting out and trying to make sense of the promises that the book made.

I put up a board that had pictures of the NYU emblem, a NYU dorm room,( because I wanted to go to college there๐Ÿ˜‚) a mic, a spotlight,( because I wanted to become an international mega popstar) a modern dancer twirling on one foot looking all perky and fit in her tiny tiny shorts( because I wanted a body like that so badly), Madison Square Garden, a concert crowd at Madison square garden ( to signify my concert, obviously) and a subway map of New York City.
I would then spend an hour or so everyday, trying to get into the picture and visualise and generally do what I thought the great minds featured in The Secret were talking about. Let me tell you this: my efforts made me think that creative visualisation was the hardest thing ever.

I believed that making a  vision board and visualising was the way to bring me closer to my dreams. I replaced the 'working hard and diligently for the life of my dreams’ part with 'visualisation and vision boards'. So if you think I sound counterintuitive, read that again.
I did try diligently for a few months; I stopped and then took it up again after a few months with a new set of pictures. The second attempt was better but still very hard and tiring.

So when I saw this vision board activity on this project, I had mixed feelings about it.
My curiosity won over however; every single spirituality teacher that I looked up to talked of creative visualisation as a treasured tool. Which meant that there had to be more to this than what I had previously experienced.
I let go of the past memories and my expectations and doubts and hopes as best as I could and decided to do this vision board just for the sake of creating a vision board; nothing else, no pressure. Here is how it came out…

Alright, I am not going to lie. This is not the first board I have made since the last fiasco I talked about. These past few months, I have been making attempts at vision boards and they yielded pretty good results.
In fact, I found that they were quite  fun to do if I decided that the vision board itself had no power to bring my dreams to life. Once the pressure alleviated, I realised how truly magical  making a vision board can be.
Now, I do up these boards with pictures that make no sense at times; I go with intuition as I select the pictures, putting up the ones that make me feel the most excited.
I remind myself, whenever I feel the pressure, that the Universe is not my personal shopper to whom I am listing out my requirements.

This vision board is not so that the Universe knows what I want exactly but so that I can feel excited about the transformations that I will get to experience soon, because my thoughts become the things in my life!


The details are exciting to get into and without the added pressure of wanting them, they transform your day effortlessly, changing your vibes and kicking them into high power, every single time you look at them!
So create a vision board and let’s get this party started!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Gratitude List

Gratitude is a beautiful thing for those who really practice it; it has the power to change any situation, whether in the past, the present or the future, bringing new perspectives , creating new paths for one to take and opening one's eyes to the magic of life.  Rhonda Byrne's book 'The Magic' truly changed me in ways that I can hardly comprehend. And when I changed, the things around me changed too. All of a sudden dreams were coming true and joy was all there was.    It's been a while now and I was thinking about blogging about its sheer awesomeness and stuff. But then I was like, ' Why not blog my daily morning gratitude list itself?'  My reasons are these: Firstly , if I am going to post my thank yous , I will be putting a lot of thought into it, so much more than if it were just a daily routine, like brushing. Secondly, when I was first starting out with the law of attraction wave and living my dreams and all these new age-y things, I was alw

Magical Relationships

Day 3!!! Woahhh.....Vanmathi is feeling buoyant today! I guess its the magic keeping me in high spirits. And I haven't even got to today's practices yet! Here we go... Day 3: Gratitude List: 1.I am grateful for the complete lack of mirrors in this house because I can pretend that I look like Gigi Hadid one day and Deepika Padukone, the next day and there is absolutely nothing present to contradict me! 2.I am so so grateful that I have to live in a hostel because it is a party, every time I come home and my sis treats me like a person rather than a fluffy cushion she can sit on. 3.Thank you so much, dear people who travel and take pictures of food ,culture and art and print it in magazines because it is a real treat to eyes like mine that only got to see cadavers in various states of damage. 4.I am grateful for the new pen stand idea that saves me space and also looks quite cool. 5.I am grateful for the clock that is not working because it means I have all t

Heart Magic๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’“

The heart is truly awe-inspiring , is it not? It LUBS and DUBS without taking a breather and even gives more of itself when pushed past its comfort zones. ( Hello exercise!)    It sends life pulsing through every cell and fibre of our bodies and it does this with no conscious requests from us! And even though science has it proven that thoughts and emotions are the product of the humbly present goop within our heads, I FEEL stuff in my heart. I think it is safe to assume that we all do.  Liberation and freedom feels like an explosion of fresh air within my heart. Peace feels ....ummm....peaceful IN MY HEART.   Every emotion feels as if it comes from my heart. I sure as heck don't know the reason for that, but the role of my heart in the way I perceive life and live is undeniable. Even in the absence of thoughts and words, I still feel and I even understand. Sometimes better so than when there are words clouding my mind. I guess "heart magic"